Scubapro Aladin Square

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Nov 12 23:43:50 PST 2017

On 12-11-17 19:09, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 5:16 AM, vavincavent <vavincavent at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I try with joined file scubapro_g2.c to download from scubapro square.
>
> Hmm. Can I see what the packets on the wire are, just in case we have
> some odd libusb issue or something? We added an initial zero byte for
> the report type to make hidapi happy, and *my* version of usblib
> certainly didn't care, but...

The zero report id should be stripped in our usbhid backend when using libusb,
so I doubt that's the problem.

Logtrak is using hidapi, so it might be worth trying to build libdivecomputer
with hidapi instead of libusb (./configure --without-libusb). That will already
rule out one difference. And maybe also try libdivecomputer/subsurface on
windows too, because we know for sure downloading there works. If we can confirm
it works on windows, then we can move one step at a time, and try to identify
which step is the culprit (hidapi vs libusb, windows vs linux, etc).

I have prepared a hidapi based windows build for you. Just download these files:

http://libdivecomputer.org/builds/experimental/windows/g2.cmd
http://libdivecomputer.org/builds/experimental/windows/libdivecomputer-0.dll
http://libdivecomputer.org/builds/divinglog/libhidapi-0.dll
http://libdivecomputer.org/builds/divinglog/dctool.exe

Place everything in the same directory, and start the download by
double-clicking the g2 batch file. When done, email us the g2.log file, and if
present also the g2.bin file.

(I also patched the g2 backend with the VID/PID of the aladin square in this build.)

> I think you said this is on debian. Use 'tshark -i usbmon1 -w
> out.pcap" (replace 'usbmon1' with whatever bus the device is on) to
> capture a packet trace.
>
> You can use wireshark as a GUI tool of course. Usually I find it's
> nicer to first capture on the command line, and then use wireshark to
> look at things, but whatever works for you...

Yes, this is indeed something worth trying.

Jef