Scubapro Aladin Square

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Nov 13 09:34:47 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:29 AM, vavincavent <vavincavent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have little problem with tshark or wireshark. But I try to test this
> !
> The result with windows give me hope for the same with DEBIAN!

Well, you can also just test out the "maybe it's the extra zero byte
for hidusb" directly, without capturing any packet trace.

In scubapro_g2_transfer(), see how it does that:

        // BLE GATT protocol?
        if (io->packet_size < 64) {
                // No report type byte
                status = io->packet_write(io, buf+1, csize+1, &transferred);
        } else {
                status = io->packet_write(io, buf, sizeof(buf), &transferred);
        }

and the difference is exactly that the BLE GATT stuff does _not_ want
that silly report type byte.

libusb doesn't really either - it was added just for hidapi.

So try just changing that

        if (io->packet_size < 64) {

to a

        if (1) {

and see if your Debian case magically works.

(Of course, this is in _addition_ to all the USB ID hackery to make it
use the right device ID)

                Linus