Scubapro Aladin Square

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Nov 13 13:36:13 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM, vavincavent <vavincavent at gmail.com> wrote:
> vincent at ASUS-R558UV:~/src/subsurface/build$ sudo tshark -D
> Running as user "root" and group "root". This could be dangerous.
> 1. enp2s0
> 2. wlp3s0
> 3. any
> 4. lo (Loopback)
> 5. bluetooth0
> 6. usbmon0
> 7. nflog
> 8. nfqueue
> 9. usbmon1
> 10. usbmon2
> 11. cisco (Cisco remote capture)
> 12. randpkt (Random packet generator)
> 13. ssh (SSH remote capture)

Ok, so what does lsusb say when the device is connected? For my
scubapro, it looks like this:

  Bus 003 Device 005: ID 2e6c:3201

so it's on bus 3.

Depending on the bus, pick the right "usbmonX" device, and then:

 - plug the device in, and put it in download mode

 - do "sudo tshark -i usbmonX -s 256 -w usb.pcap" in one terminal

 - and finally, start subsurface and try to download

after the download failed, just kill tshark, and send me the pcap file.

(You can look at it with 'wireshark' of course)

              Linus