Subsurface 4.7.4 - VPM-B ceiling good shape / release notes

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 02:35:07 PST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Rick Walsh" <rickmwalsh at gmail.com>
Date: 14 Nov. 2017 9:31 pm
Subject: Re: Subsurface 4.7.4 - VPM-B ceiling good shape / release notes
To: "Stefan Fuchs" <sfuchs at gmx.de>

On 14 Nov. 2017 9:12 pm, "Stefan Fuchs" <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:

Hallo Robert,

Am 14.11.2017 um 11:01 schrieb Robert Helling:

Stefan,

On 14. Nov 2017, at 08:56, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:

thanks to Ricks and Roberts work

there is zero code from me here. This is entirely Rick!

No code this time perhaps, but you're very modest.

Ok, then thanks again to Rick! ;-)

But there for sure was also help from your side. Even from my side - I
didn't stop to complain ;-)

I'm glad to have found time to make a contribution again and fix a couple
of bugs. Thanks Stefan for the persistent testing and identification of
bugs. And giving Robert and I the reassurance we're not the only ones
interested in the planner.

I suppose we should add something to the release notes/announcement. Either
now or for the next release if that's easier. Perhaps "Improve calculation
of VPM-B decompression ceiling displayed in profile. In 4.7.2 the VPM-B
ceiling was generally under-estimated for decompression dives and could be
grossly over-estimated for what were actually no-decompression dives"

FWIW, my interest in bubble models is more a curiousity. I use Buhlmann for
planning real dives, and won't trust a VPM-B plan that would let me surface
with a gradient factor >85 or so.

Cheers,

Rick