Subsurface libdivecomputer.c handling sticky values in samples

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Tue Nov 14 15:14:03 PST 2017

Hello Linus,

once again I would like to ask you to look at one specific thing we are
trying to improve. This is the related PR:

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/812

I review of this including the discussion there would be great but most
important I have one question:

- Was there a specific reason why one did put the "sticky" sample values
like ndl, cns, stoptime,... always in the last sample while already
processing the next sample? I changed it to putting the "sticky" values
immediately in the current sample but don't know if this could do any harm.

This is the specific change I'm talking about:

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/812/files#diff-e8482af0924fe151e5525c38fe23dcedL335

BTW: Could you please also merge some other related work Jan did from
upstream libdivecomputer to our Subsurface branch?

Thanks!

Best regards
Stefan

--