Problem accessing cloud behind a proxy

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Nov 15 02:09:04 PST 2017

Hi,

> On 15. Nov 2017, at 10:13, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cloud storage: successfully checked connection to cloud server
> git storage: fetch remote
> git storage: Successful cloud connection, fetch remote
> remote fetch failed (Failed to set proxy: Parametro non corretto.
> )
> git storage: Done syncing with cloud storage

I looked for the origin of this error message. “remote fetch failed” is Subsurface talking, “failed to set proxy” is libgit2. This only occurs in winhttp.c when a call to WinHttpSetOption fails.

So I googled for that call and found

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/aa384114(v=vs.85).aspx

Most of this I don’t understand (having touched no windows system for a very long time. But my guess that the only thing that could be non-corretto would be the proxy url (and that part of the code that has this error message is only run when proxy_url is non-NULL). But of course it should be empty (and the fact that Subsurface says earlier "delete proxy setting” should mean that that parameter got deleted.

So it would be interesting to know what libgit2 thinks should be the proxy url.

Unfortunately, I cannot build windows binaries but if anybody can I would say it’s worth trying to apply this patch to llibgit2 and then see what it produces.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F