Problem accessing cloud behind a proxy

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:59:54 PST 2017

On 15 November 2017 at 11:09, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 15. Nov 2017, at 10:13, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cloud storage: successfully checked connection to cloud server
> git storage: fetch remote
> git storage: Successful cloud connection, fetch remote
> *remote fetch failed (Failed to set proxy: Parametro non corretto.*
> )
> git storage: Done syncing with cloud storage
>

> I looked for the origin of this error message. “remote fetch failed” is
> Subsurface talking, “failed to set proxy” is libgit2. This only occurs in
> winhttp.c when a call to WinHttpSetOption fails.
>
> So I googled for that call and found
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/
> aa384114(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> Most of this I don’t understand (having touched no windows system for a
> very long time. But my guess that the only thing that could be non-corretto
> would be the proxy url (and that part of the code that has this error
> message is only run when proxy_url is non-NULL). But of course it should be
> empty (and the fact that Subsurface says earlier "delete proxy setting”
> should mean that that parameter got deleted.
>
> So it would be interesting to know what libgit2 thinks should be the proxy
> url.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot build windows binaries but if anybody can I would
> say it’s worth trying to apply this patch to llibgit2 and then see what it
> produces.

Hi Robert,

Dirk looked into this weeks ago:

On 3 November 2017 at 17:31, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Preliminary results of this (and some more googling). There appears to be
> an issue with
> libgit2 and authenticated proxies on Windows (and only on Windows) - which
> is why I never
> saw this in my testing. I'm trying to figure out what the correct
> workaround might be
>
> https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4069
>
> I no longer have access to the proxy that requires authentication, I'll
> need to build one
> to test, I guess :-)
>
> /D

AFAIK for the time being is not possible to use a proxy (until someone
correct libgit2).
The problem now is that I get a temporary direct access to internet but I
cannot get rid of the previous proxy settings on my pc.
Maybe the subsurface trace log is not correct because I erased that values
form my registry.

Thanks

Davide