Problem accessing cloud behind a proxy

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 15 05:47:49 PST 2017

> On Nov 15, 2017, at 2:59 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Dirk looked into this weeks ago:
>
> On 3 November 2017 at 17:31, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
> Preliminary results of this (and some more googling). There appears to be an issue with
> libgit2 and authenticated proxies on Windows (and only on Windows) - which is why I never
> saw this in my testing. I'm trying to figure out what the correct workaround might be
>
> https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4069 <https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4069>
>
> I no longer have access to the proxy that requires authentication, I'll need to build one
> to test, I guess :-)

I actually build a proxy with authentication just to be able to test that :-)

> AFAIK for the time being is not possible to use a proxy (until someone correct libgit2).

Subsurface 4.7.4 happily uses a proxy without authentication on Windows. It's the user/password embedded in the proxy URL (which works fine on Mac and Linux) that throws Windows into failure.

> The problem now is that I get a temporary direct access to internet but I cannot get rid of the previous proxy settings on my pc.
> Maybe the subsurface trace log is not correct because I erased that values form my registry.

If you get that error, it's trying to use a proxy. I wonder... do you have a system wide proxy set for your Windows machine? Is libgit2 trying to be clever and picking up those settings (and then getting it wrong)?