Scubapro Aladin Square

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Nov 16 15:41:50 PST 2017

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Linus Torvalds

> Very good. I will try to come up with a better model for the whole USB
> ID selection (because I suspect we'll have a few more models show up
> eventually), but that should be trivial. I'll probably just make it an
> array of "model, vendor, device" entries.

Ok, I pushed out something that *may* work for you into the
Subsurface-branch of libdivecomputer.

It has the USB vendor/device selection array, and the model checks for
the Aladin Square.

It does *not* have the extra "Read the model number" code in the
handshake, so it's not exactly what you tested, but I suspect that was
just leftovers from earlier testing and isn't actually necessary.

But I could easily be wrong, considering how nit-picky that dive
computer was with the whole USB HID packet format.

So could you test current Subsurface-branch with no other patches?

Oh, and I just noticed that Jef had actually pushed out his changes to
his branch. I should have checked before I made my changes.

Jef had picked a different name in uwatec_smart_parser.c from that
"SQUARE" (and I agree - and like Jef, I had used ALADINSQUARE in
scubapro_g2.c).

But I kept my USB ID array.

                   Linus