git: Pulling from master

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Nov 17 04:32:31 PST 2017

On 17/11/2017 12:20, Jan Mulder wrote:

> And I use a stupid script to get things synced:
>
> git checkout master
> git tag -d continuous # recently added to get the continuous label moved
> git fetch upstream
> git merge upstream/master
> git push origin master # push things to my github account
>
> --jan

~/src/$ git clone git at github.com:Subsurface-divelog/subsurface.git
Cloning into 'subsurface'...
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

Then, alternatively, I selected on the upstream web site the "Clone or
Download" button.

After extracting the .zip to src/subsurface, I did:

~/src/subsurface/$ git remote -v
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

I need another indication of what the right approach is.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full