[Subsurface-divelog/subsurface] Don't show cylinder pressure graph for wrong dc for merged dives (#815)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Nov 17 11:39:36 PST 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:

> It will still happen regularly that I will be the one who only can either
> "complain" about s.th. not working or best case suggest a concept but
> someone else has to do the "nice" code. I'm still far away from being a good
> SW developer.

Honestly, quite often _finding_ the problem and describing it is the
most important part.

Even a bad patch (and yours wasn't _bad_, it just wasn't how I'd have
done it) is great as a way of pinpointing an issue even if it doesn't
get applied.

So it's not "complaining" when you find bugs or problems.

(Side note: I do end up complaining very loudly when people I have
worked with for years end up sending me ugly code. I simply expect
more of them. So I have very much been known to chew people out for
sending me crap code to the kernel. It happened today. But that's a
separate issue of "you really should have known better")

            Linus