problem with testing version of subsurface installation

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 18 08:13:07 PST 2017

Hi Vincent

> On Nov 18, 2017, at 4:45 AM, vavincavent <vavincavent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi all, i've a problem with installation of subsurface.
> I've made a fresh directory:
> 	~/src/
> I've cloned subsurface :
> vincent at ASUS-R558UV:~/src$ git clone https://github.com/Subsurface-dive
> log/subsurface.git
>
> and used the installation script :
> vincent at ASUS-R558UV:~/src$ ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
> the build.log is attached.

Which is full of French messages. As far as I've read this I think I can parse
this, but yeah... that makes it harder :-)

I notice a few oddities in there already... for example it can't find ldconfig

Which OS are you on?

> When i do :
> vincent at ASUS-R558UV:~/src/subsurface/build$ ./subsurface
> I obtain an error message :
> vincent at ASUS-R558UV:~/src/subsurface/build$ ./subsurface
> MapWidget.qml: cannot find a plugin named: googlemaps
> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:21: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to
> QDeclarativeGeoMapType*

Yes, there's a test in there that fails in line 439.
Strangely, on many systems / bash versions this seems to work,
but clearly for you it doesn't. I'll modify it to make it less likely to
fail, but that's the reason why the googlemaps plugin isn't built
for you.

I now want to know even more which OS you are building on.