Cylinder vs. tank -

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 28 11:23:55 PST 2017

Hey Bill,

Thanks for that detailed analysis. That's actually great data.

I'd love to hear from more people here.

Obviously we won't change the data structures (they are cylinders). But
for the UI I'm open to a discussion on the preferred term. It seems like
the dive computer makers are leaning towards tank. Personally, that's the
term I use as well ("Hey Linus, would you grab a tank for me as well?" -
I'd never ask someone to grab a "cylinder" for me or to help me with my
"cylinder", etc).

So we have two votes for tank here so far :-)

/D