Cylinder vs. tank -

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 03:12:11 PST 2017

Google Ngram search for a term from books digitized by Google.

IMHO a more consistent approach is looking for these terms on the
internet. In other words: how much these terms are searched via Google
through the years...

Use of "scuba tank" and "scuba cylinder" into the Google search engine
in the last 5 years in all the world.

https://trends.google.it/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=scuba%20tank,scuba%20cylinder

Again "scuba tank" wins