iOS

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:22:26 PST 2017

> Bcc:
> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 23:44:44 +0800
> Subject: Re: iOS
> I quickly checked the app.
>
> .......snip.............
>
> When looking at one dive there is a Map it button, but nothing happens
> when I click it.
>
> I’ll try to recreate my ios dev environment and try to take a deeper look
> as well.
>
> Thanks for the great work
>
>> Murillo

Firstly, kudos to those who worked on the new UI.  Very nice.  I scrolled
through a dive log of 250 dives and selected various dives from the list
with no issues.  I updated from the cloud with no issues.  The look and
feel is good. About the only thing that confused me was the case where I'm
viewing a single dive, and the dive site name is long. To return back to
the dive list I had to scroll the name over in order to expose the dimmed
dive list icon and then select it.   This method of move back seems to be
unique to Subsurface mobile and isn't typical of other iOS apps.  I recall
asking about this in the past and realize it is something that is unlikely
to change.

Lastly, I have no issues with the "Map It" button.  All of my dives have
GPS coordinates and selecting the "Map It" function moved me to Google Maps
and the marker location is correct AFAIK.   I haven't created a dive with
no GPS coordinates and seen what happens when I select Map It.  I'll do
that next.

Running on  iPhone 6, iOS 11.1.2.

...Hartley