Downloading from Petrel 2

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 14:55:12 PST 2017

On 1 December 2017 at 05:49, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com> wrote:

> At some point in the recent updates, I have lost the ability to download
> from my Petrel 2.
>

> I re-installed 4.6.3 and downloaded successfully and have started to go
> through the later versions in an attempt to identify the point at which
> things change.
>

> Once I find the last working version, I'll confirm that and also upload
> the two logs  generated with the latest version.

You're not the only one losing the ability to download from a Petrel 2 (or
Perdix).  And the problem doesn't seem to be limited to Subsurface.  There
have been reports on ScubaBoard from Shearwater Cloud users saying they can
no longer download dives.  It looks to be related to pairing, and the only
fix that has worked for me is to leave the battery out of my Petrel 2 until
the dive computer forgets its pairing information.  Leaving it out for 2
hours was not long enough, but 2 days was.  Another fix that worked for
some people (but didn't for me) was to remove the Shearwater Cloud app and
all associated data from their Android phones.

That you can download with v4.6.3 is interesting.  Bluetooth Low Energy
(BLE) support was added in 4.7 according to the release notes, and I never
had any issues until I started playing with BLE.  Are you on Windows? Which
version?

Cheers,

Rick