Downloading from Petrel 2

John Smith noseygit at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:27:41 PST 2017

Sent from my iPad

On 30 Nov 2017, at 22:55, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com<mailto:rickmwalsh at gmail.com>> wrote:

On 1 December 2017 at 05:49, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com<mailto:noseygit at hotmail.com>> wrote:

At some point in the recent updates, I have lost the ability to download from my Petrel 2.

I re-installed 4.6.3 and downloaded successfully and have started to go through the later versions in an attempt to identify the point at which things change.

Once I find the last working version, I'll confirm that and also upload the two logs  generated with the latest version.

You're not the only one losing the ability to download from a Petrel 2 (or Perdix).  And the problem doesn't seem to be limited to Subsurface.  There have been reports on ScubaBoard from Shearwater Cloud users saying they can no longer download dives.  It looks to be related to pairing, and the only fix that has worked for me is to leave the battery out of my Petrel 2 until the dive computer forgets its pairing information.  Leaving it out for 2 hours was not long enough, but 2 days was.  Another fix that worked for some people (but didn't for me) was to remove the Shearwater Cloud app and all associated data from their Android phones.

In this case I don’t believe it’s the petrel as I can download to the shearwater apps on both my android tablet and iPad. I also download to windows
That you can download with v4.6.3 is interesting.  Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support was added in 4.7 according to the release notes, and I never had any issues until I started playing with BLE.
I found the last working version to be 4.6.4.307
Are you on Windows? Which version?
Sorry, my first email should have said that this is subsurface mobile running on an android tablet.

Cheers,

Rick