4.7.5 next week

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Nov 30 19:43:09 PST 2017

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 6:22 PM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Dirk Hohndel schreef op 2017-11-30 20:55:
>> I'd like to keep the releases reasonably frequent. We fixed a few
>> things, we added a couple of dive computers, we changed a few
>> strings... Unless there's a good reason not to, I'd love to release
>> 4.7.5 next week.
>> So... if you are one of our amazing translators, there are a few new
>> strings to look at.
>> Everyone else, please test the latest test binaries.
>> If you are working on changes, please mark the pull requests as
>> "for-4.7.5" or "after-4.7.5".
>
> My request for 4.7.5 is a merge of Jefs libdivecomputer work into our branch. Some OSTC work related to pSCR diving is recently added (and some other stuff that I have no opinion about).

libdivecomputer master contains quite a few changes for Jef's approach to
refactoring the IO subsystem - which unfortunately moves it even further
away from what we are doing (and based on what I've seen so far, this
isn't going to be a useful approach for us, so I'm not sure what we can do
here). I'm definitely NOT in favor to merge this right before a release...

I talked to Linus about this (who is traveling this week) and he was going
to take a look and merge all the non-iostream related commits into our
branch. I can see about eight or ten commits in there that we should
pick... everything up to the 0.6.0 release, and then today's commit that
detects invalid profile data on an OSTC3.

Will the SCR patch from today be useful for us without further changes
in Subsurface?

Thanks

/D

PS: setting a Reply-To: Linus in your email was an interesting choice, Jan...