iOS

Murillo Bernardes mfbernardes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 23:35:06 PST 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 8:53 PM, Murillo Bernardes <mfbernardes at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Could this mean that the device cannot be paired with iPhone using the
>> iOS settings? Of course, I have already paired the DC with my Android
>> tablet and that might also affect my hardship... How did others pair their
>> BLE Perdix with iPhone/iPad?
>>

> With Perdix AI (BLE) is up to the application to discover and connect to
> the dive computer. While it is connected it will show under iOS settings,
> but as soon as the application disconnects or closes it will be gone.
> Nothing wrong there.
>

> I'll have to figure out if I can scan for the device, or if I need to hard
> code UUIDs or something.
> Nothing is ever easy :-(
>
> Subsurface-mobile on iOS is not working properly with BLE yet, so it
> doesn't connect.
>

> Yup
>
> I'll work on it. I'm still hoping that other developers will start
> participating in the iOS development.
> Because you all know my time is limited and this is not the most important
> thing to spend it on in the larger scope of things (by FAR our smallest
> user group)
>
> /D

I'm taking a look. Got my dev environment setup. Here is somethings I found.

I can get my Perdix AI to show in the list, but it fails to connect.

First thing on DownloadFromDiveComputer.qml:161 it contains a regex to
match an address. On iOS it is actually the uuid, so it passes as a serial.

I changed the regex to:

var btAddr =
/(LE:)?\{?[0-9a-fA-F]{8}-[0-9a-fA-F]{4}-[0-9a-fA-F]{4}-[0-9a-fA-F]{4}-[0-9a-fA-F]{12}\}
.*?/;

then it's set as bluetooth and actually tries to open via qt_ble_open.

On qt-ble.cpp:300 getBtDeviceInfo does not return a populated object. I
couldn't see btDeviceInfo (btdiscovery.cpp) ever being populated actually,
so there is nothing to return.

--
Murillo