segmentation fault

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Oct 1 12:05:33 PDT 2017

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Can you send a patch for the INSTALL for to capture the right
> packages that need to be installed?

I don't need to.  The packages are already listed in INSTALL:

101:    libcrypto++-dev libssl-dev qml-module-qtpositioning qml-module-qtlocation
112:    libcrypto++-dev libssl-dev qml-module-qtpositioning qml-module-qtlocation

for both debian and ubuntu.  In my case (debian unstable) those
packages were removed when I did a major qt5 upgrade.

In any case, the point I'm trying to make is subsurface should _not_
segfault because of that.  That case should be properly error handled,
shouldn't it?

The two libraries:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtLocation/libdeclarative_location.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtPositioning/libdeclarative_positioning.so

are probably loaded at runtime (maybe with dlopen?).  The code that
does that appears not to do error handling.

It also appears the cmake rules don't check either.  Shouldn't they?

> On October 1, 2017 2:00:45 AM PDT, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> >Latest master (v4.6.4-871-g571918fe) build.
> >
> >qrc:/MapWidget.qml:4:1: module "QtPositioning" is not installed
> >qrc:/MapWidget.qml:3:1: module "QtLocation" is not installed
> >qrc:/MapWidget.qml:4:1: module "QtPositioning" is not installed
> >qrc:/MapWidget.qml:3:1: module "QtLocation" is not installed
> >
> >Installing packages qml-module-qtlocation and qml-module-qtpositioning
> >solves that problem.

Cheers,

--
Cristian