Select location of divesite in new map widget

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 10:16:31 PDT 2017

On 3 October 2017 at 20:04, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 03.10.2017 um 16:48 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
>
> On 3 October 2017 at 17:43, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> On Oct 3, 2017, at 7:29 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 3 October 2017 at 16:37, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Everybody,
>
> a maybe stupid question:
>
> In the new map widget, how do I select the location of a new divesite?
> When I enter the divesite I can navigate around in the map but how can I
> place the marker?
>
> a new marker should be created at the center of the globe and it then
> can be moved to a desired location.
> this might need so work to make it better for the user - e.g. better
> visual feedback.
>
> This needs a help text / tooltip / something.
> And yes, better visual feedback would be nice :-)
>
> a tooltip should be shown in the lines of "move the marker", unless
> Stefan has found a bug that is.
>
> Ah, perfect. Got it. The "new" thing is that I have to press the small "edit
> dive site" button. Then I get a new marker and I can move it around. Ok,
> makes sense.
>
> But... now I have a crash. Not sure if it is coming from new map widget
> implementation or Dirks latest "dive site country" thing (yes, I merged PR
> #626 "Country taxonomy").
> What happens is: I press the small "edit dive site" button for a dive which
> has NO dive site name yet. Then I do NOT enter a dive site name but either
> press "Apply changes" or "Discard changes" --> Crash
> It seams to be also the same situation if I enter some text and move the
> marker...

i don't remember such a crash with no empty dive site name, when i was
working on the map, so it might be a new thing.

this:
00507BD2 44EA0000 00000000 044FC968  subsurface.exe!myInvalidate
[/home/stefan/Entwicklung/Subsurface/subsurface/qt-models/filtermodels.cpp
@ 384]
0050804F 00000022 48B5DE74 044FC988  subsurface.exe!stopFilterDiveSite
 [/home/stefan/Entwicklung/Subsurface/subsurface/qt-models/filtermodels.cpp
@ 456]
suggests that the cause is the code related to dive site filtering.

i will now check the latest master, to see if i can reproduce the crash.

lubomir