Select location of divesite in new map widget

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 10:23:03 PDT 2017

On 3 October 2017 at 20:16, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 October 2017 at 20:04, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Am 03.10.2017 um 16:48 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
>>
>> On 3 October 2017 at 17:43, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 3, 2017, at 7:29 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 October 2017 at 16:37, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> a maybe stupid question:
>>
>> In the new map widget, how do I select the location of a new divesite?
>> When I enter the divesite I can navigate around in the map but how can I
>> place the marker?
>>
>> a new marker should be created at the center of the globe and it then
>> can be moved to a desired location.
>> this might need so work to make it better for the user - e.g. better
>> visual feedback.
>>
>> This needs a help text / tooltip / something.
>> And yes, better visual feedback would be nice :-)
>>
>> a tooltip should be shown in the lines of "move the marker", unless
>> Stefan has found a bug that is.
>>
>> Ah, perfect. Got it. The "new" thing is that I have to press the small "edit
>> dive site" button. Then I get a new marker and I can move it around. Ok,
>> makes sense.
>>
>> But... now I have a crash. Not sure if it is coming from new map widget
>> implementation or Dirks latest "dive site country" thing (yes, I merged PR
>> #626 "Country taxonomy").
>> What happens is: I press the small "edit dive site" button for a dive which
>> has NO dive site name yet. Then I do NOT enter a dive site name but either
>> press "Apply changes" or "Discard changes" --> Crash
>> It seams to be also the same situation if I enter some text and move the
>> marker...
>>

> i don't remember such a crash with no empty dive site name, when i was
> working on the map, so it might be a new thing.
>
> this:
> 00507BD2 44EA0000 00000000 044FC968  subsurface.exe!myInvalidate
> [/home/stefan/Entwicklung/Subsurface/subsurface/qt-models/filtermodels.cpp
> @ 384]
> 0050804F 00000022 48B5DE74 044FC988  subsurface.exe!stopFilterDiveSite
>  [/home/stefan/Entwicklung/Subsurface/subsurface/qt-models/filtermodels.cpp
> @ 456]
> suggests that the cause is the code related to dive site filtering.
>
> i will now check the latest master, to see if i can reproduce the crash.

the latest master crashes for me on startup with:

DiveListView::DiveListView (this=<optimized out>, parent=0x0)
    at C:\dev\subsurface\desktop-widgets\divelistview.cpp:98
98                              defaultWidth[col] = width;
(gdb) bt
#0  DiveListView::DiveListView (this=<optimized out>, parent=0x0)
    at C:\dev\subsurface\desktop-widgets\divelistview.cpp:98
#1  0x0040804d in MainWindow::MainWindow (this=0x1a9abe80)
    at C:\dev\subsurface\desktop-widgets\mainwindow.cpp:105
#2  0x004016db in init_ui ()
    at C:\dev\subsurface\subsurface-desktop-helper.cpp:36
#3  0x00694378 in main (argc=1, argv=0x4b69928)
    at C:\dev\subsurface\subsurface-desktop-main.cpp:91