thinking about 4.7

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:10:15 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 10:00:13AM +0200, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
>> Le 22/09/2017 à 12:24, Dirk Hohndel a écrit :
>> > As we start thinking about the next release (never mind that we still
>> > haven't managed to get Subsurface-mobile 2.0 out the door), one of my
>> > concerns is lack of testing of the binaries that I create.
>> >
>> > Right now I'm building Windows (that gets a decent amount of testing it
>> > seems), Mac (not as much), Ubuntu (very little), openSUSE/Fedora (any?).
>> > I still haven't wrestled appImages into submission (definitely on my
>> > critical path towards 4.7).
>> >
>> > If you are regularly / occasionally testing any of these builds, could you
>> > respond here, please?
>>
>> I test occasionally the openSUSE daily/beta builds.
>> (Sorry for the late reply).
>
> No worries, I'm happy you revived the thread, actually :-)
>
> I still need to find time to fix the remaining build issues for all the
> Linux variations that we support... what worries me the most is the
> AppImage as I got stuck there the last time I tried. I think openSUSE is
> the one that already works well :-)

I have been loosing hair over the Ubuntu builds to get the map
working. Anyway, where do I need to have the
libqtgeoservices_googlemaps.so (and .cmake) files during compilation,
and where should these reside when installing the .deb file? Currently
the map widget is not found during the compilation nor during the run
time...

miika