new Android Beta

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 6 09:29:28 PDT 2017

> On Oct 6, 2017, at 1:18 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> 1) Credentials screen:
>
> Main menu > Settings > Cloud status Change
>
> My existing credential data are deleted, expecting new credential data.
>
> When I want to exit by using the Android EXIT button, I exit Subsurface. I would have expected to return to the Settings screen, not to exit the program. In addition, when I re-open Subsurface, my credential data have been omitted. I would not expect the existing data to be deleted until the "Sign in or Register" button has been selected. It should be possible to return gracefully without deleting the existing credential data. Upon restarting the program after not changing the credentials and wanting to return to the Settings screen, the dive list is empty, only being accessible after typing in the existing credential data into the credentials screen.

Good point. Ideally this would go into a github issue - if you aren't comfortable dealing with github, let me know and I'll add it there

> 2) I find the blue action button at the bottom of the screen totally erratic. Sometimes it disappears, leaving the one or two additional icons on the action bar but with a white space where the blue action button should be.

Hmm. That's a new one for me. We have a couple of screens that don't have an action button:

- settings screen
- dive edit with keyboard open
- about page

Where else do you see the button disappear?

> 3) After editing a dive, the Android EXIT button does not work in most cases. For instance, I cannot return from an edited dive profile screen back to the dive list by tapping the Android EXIT button. The only way to get back to the dive list is via the Main Menu > Dive List. In fact, I cannot exit from Subsurface after editing, I need to kill the process via Android. But see the interaction under point (1) above where, on other occasions the EXIT button did work.

So by EXIT button I assume you mean the BACK button? Android changed things over the years, but I don't recall an EXIT button.
Using the latest Beta binary (-929) -- the one where the pink theme works again -- I cannot reproduce this here. When editing/adding a dive the first tap on exit closes the keyboard, the second one closes the edit screen, the third one brings me from dive details view back to dive list, and another tap exits Subsurface-mobile...