User manual: mobile credentials

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 9 06:03:27 PDT 2017

Jan, I have the issue that for one my accounts I deleted all the dives from the repo, force pushed to the server, deleted the local storage on the phone (going to have an empty dive list to do more download tests against...) and now I get shown the PIN message even though the account exists and is verified...

"0.708: Synchronising data file"
"1.016: AppState changed to active with save ongoing and no unsaved changes"
"1.645: have cloud credentials, but still needs PIN"
"1.646: have cloud credentials, but user asked not to connect to network"

This may be a weird case with an unexpected error, but I figured I'd mention it...

/D

On October 9, 2017 5:39:02 AM PDT, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>Willem,
>
>On 09-10-17 14:24, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> I am editing the text of the mobile user manual. If I understand it
>> correctly, one can now independently create a cloud account using the
>
>> mobile app and without involvement of the desktop program. In the
>case
>> of the desktop, a pin is emailed to the user which allows completion
>of
>> the cloud access. However on the mobile app I do not see this
>feature.
>> Please explain?
>
>I assume you have the latest mobile beta version installed ... the
>process is as follows:
>- from a fresh install (or after hitting the change button from the
>Settings).
>- the 1st credential page is shown with 2 fields (email address and
>passwd). After this is filled in, hit "sign-in or register". If it is a
>
>new account (so the register is the thing you are doing), the page
>changes into the 2nd credentials page, with only a PIN code field. In
>the meantime, you will receive the PIN code in the entered email
>address.
>- fill in the PIN, and you are done registering.
>
>This all said. It is easy to try all this. Just create a new cloud
>account and you see it happening.
>
>--jan

from my phone.