User manual: mobile credentials

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 9 07:17:39 PDT 2017

On 09-10-17 15:03, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Jan, I have the issue that for one my accounts I deleted all the dives from the repo, force pushed to the server, deleted the local storage on the phone (going to have an empty dive list to do more download tests against...) and now I get shown the PIN message even though the account exists and is verified...
>
> "0.708: Synchronising data file"
> "1.016: AppState changed to active with save ongoing and no unsaved changes"
> "1.645: have cloud credentials, but still needs PIN"
> "1.646: have cloud credentials, but user asked not to connect to network"
>
> This may be a weird case with an unexpected error, but I figured I'd mention it...

Tried to reproduce this ... and did not succeed.

Maybe that's related to "deleted the local storage on the phone". On my
rooted phone, I just use adb shell, get root privs, cd
/data/data/org.subsurfacedivelog.mobile/files/cloudstorage and simply rm
-rf <the cloud hash for the used account>. After this, when I start the
app again, that local git repo is re-created.

But unsure that you delete the local storage the same way?

This all said, for rooted phones it is probably not difficult to mess
with data that makes the app unhappy.

--jan