Subsurface-mobile 2.0 -- what's missing?

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:51:32 PDT 2017

On 8 October 2017 at 16:48, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2017, at 10:43 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 8 October 2017 at 08:02, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> >I tried a dual stack Petrel 2 with the latest beta and was able to
>> >download with BLE to my Pixel XL.
>> >Need to test BT, still.
>>
>> Hmm, I thought we used to show both LE: and regular address for dual
>> stack devices. But I now only see the Petrel 2 as BLE device. I'll look
>> into that...
>>
>> I just tried downloading this morning's dive from my Petrel 2 and
> failed.  Tested with the latest (929) Android daily on my Galaxy S7, and on
> my laptop (Fedora 26) with both my build from master and the 4.6.4.947
> subsurfacedaily.
>
> When I try to pair on Fedora (from within Subsurface or with the Fedora /
> KDE Bluetooth tool) or Android (the "standard" Bluetooth tool or with nRF
> connect), either it just fails and the time countdown on the Petrel 2
> continues, or the Petrel 2 displays "BT INIT ERROR".
>
> My Petrel 2 system info says it is running the v44 firmware, and hardware
> version 2.4.2.  Is yours the same?
>

> Same firmware, HW 2.4.1
>
> And I sometimes get my Petrel 2 into exactly this mode where it doesn't
> seem to want to connect to anything.
> The only way out has been to remove the battery, wait a while for it to
> truly reset (so you get the big warning and have to re-set the time, etc).
>

> Thanks for this suggestion.  I tried removing the battery and left it out
for roughly an hour.  The Petrel 2 still wouldn't connect properly.  Then I
tried leaving it out for a day, and it didn't work.  After leaving it out
for two days, it now shows up in Subsurface and Subsurface-mobile as both
Bluetooth and BLE.  I downloaded my latest dive successfully using
old-fashioned Bluetooth last night to both my laptop running Fedora 26, and
my Galaxy S7.