Failure of Android BACK button on Subsurface-mobile

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Oct 12 00:27:42 PDT 2017

The failure of the Android BACK button in Subsurface-mobile is a major
issue on my phone. I attempted to find out if older versions of
Subsurface-mobile have the same issue by installing progressively older
versions of the software going all the way back to 6 months ago (the
oldest in the downloads/test directory). In none of these older versions
is the issue of the BACK button resolved. I suspect it is a problem
associated with Android 7.0 which I installed about 2 months ago on my
phone. The unclear understanding is because I never edit dive
information on Subsurface-mobile, so I cannot definitively say at which
point the problem started on my phone. Viewing the dives does not
generate any problem. The moment I edit a dive on mobile, the problem
arises. Also, when I have a new install of Subsurface-mobile (even old
versions) after an uninstall (which also removes the dive log), the
problem shows up, presumably because the software sees the new
downloaded divelog as equivalent to an edit of the empty dive log.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full