4.7 - a few questions and requests

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 13:43:50 PDT 2017

On 14 October 2017 at 22:47, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Linux (the rest of our users, about 1/7): oh boy. No working Ubuntu build, no working AppImage, Fedora and openSUSE appear ok

building on Ubuntu 16.04 was very easy - no issues even with the
google maps plugin.
i cannot report any issues myself on Ubuntu Xenial.

(had issues before due to package names, but the list in our docs is adequate)

> So my suggestion would be that we cut a 4.7 this week, clearly state that Ubuntu and AppImage are missing, and try to close that gap as soon as we figure out how.
>

> My questions / requests:
>
> - are there any major regressions / massive bugs that I have forgotten about and that should prevent us from releasing 4.7?

i will list some bugs from github here that might need attention:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/351
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/310
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/311
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/608
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/522

> - what's the state of the translations?
>
> It would be great if we could try to get translations and user manual at least looked at in the next few days, and hopefully some testing done with the test binaries that are up.

translations need some work - Swedish, Hebrew, Russian, Bulgarian,
German (Swiss), etc.
https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/subsurface/dashboard/
i need to translate ~120 strings and that would take me around 1 - 1.5 hours.

lubomir