Ubuntu build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 14:05:56 PDT 2017

On 14 October 2017 at 23:55, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> Lubomir, the newest default Qt with  Xenial is 5.5. And I do not think the
> latest Subsurface build will work with  such an old Qt. I have been looking
> at the build.sh to see if the location of Qt can be changed, but I did not
> see that this is possible. In addition, I have no way to download Qt 5.9
> from the Ubuntu repository. I have to download it from the Qt Web site. How
> did you do this? Kind regards , Willem

my bad. i'm on Zetsy, actually (Ubuntu 17.04).
i simply followed our instructions and it just worked.

- cloned Subsurface
- pulled all the packages with one apt-get command from INSTALL
- called build.sh
- Subsurface was ready to run

Zetsy has Qt version 5.7.1.

i think we were supposed to support 5.5..or was it 5.6.
what errors are you getting?

lubomir