4.7 - a few questions and requests

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sun Oct 15 01:20:39 PDT 2017

Hallo Dirk, hi All,

Am 14.10.2017 um 21:47 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> Windows (~2/3 of our users): all seems to work well, except there's no BLE support
>
> Mac (~1/5 of our users): all seems to work, there continue to be occasional weird pairing problems, especially with Shearwater computers
>
> Linux (the rest of our users, about 1/7): oh boy. No working Ubuntu build, no working AppImage, Fedora and openSUSE appear ok
>
> So my suggestion would be that we cut a 4.7 this week, clearly state that Ubuntu and AppImage are missing, and try to close that gap as soon as we figure out how.
>

> My questions / requests:
>
> - are there any major regressions / massive bugs that I have forgotten about and that should prevent us from releasing 4.7?
I would like to highlight only one item which is the heatmap because I
think this could be easily fixed by s.o. more experienced than me:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/562

Regarding the planner it is the case than still some items are open
including some PRs from my side which need more testing and also some
open issues. But I fully agree with Robert that it doesn't really matter
if we fix/merge this in 4.7 or 4.7.1 or even later.

> - what's the state of the translations?
My totally awesome ;-) "units in dive list table" feature created two
new strings and please would need the source strings updated. Then I may
also be able to look at the other untranslated DE strings mainly for mobile.

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs