Ubuntu build

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sun Oct 15 03:12:15 PDT 2017

Hello Willem,

Am 15.10.2017 um 11:40 schrieb Willem Ferguson:
>>> my bad. i'm on Zetsy, actually (Ubuntu 17.04).
>>> i simply followed our instructions and it just worked.
>>>
>>> - cloned Subsurface
>>> - pulled all the packages with one apt-get command from INSTALL
>>> - called build.sh
>>> - Subsurface was ready to run
>>>
>>> Zetsy has Qt version 5.7.1.
>>>
>>> i think we were supposed to support 5.5..or was it 5.6.
>> I can do a linux build here with:
>> Qt 5.5.1 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build;
>> by GCC 5.4.0 20160609) on "xcb"
>> OS: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS [linux version 4.10.0-37-generic]
>>
>> After the fix for the googlemaps plugin by Lubomir even this works.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Stefan
>>
>> -
> I have a clean build on 16.04 for the latest Subsurface master.
> However, QtLocation and QtPositioning appear to have been added after
> Q5.5. Please point me to Lobomir's fix, will you?

The question is: Can you build the googlemaps plugin? Because Lubomirs
fix was for building the plugin against Qt5.5. The fix is already merged
into Dirks fork of googlemaps:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/googlemaps/commits/master

But I don't know if this is really your issue.

Beside this what I had to do was a:

sudo apt-get installĀ  qml-module-qtpositioning qml-module-qtlocation

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs