Ubuntu build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 03:13:22 PDT 2017

On 15 October 2017 at 12:40, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> On 15/10/2017 10:04, Stefan Fuchs wrote:
>
> Am 14.10.2017 um 23:05 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
>
> On 14 October 2017 at 23:55, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Lubomir, the newest default Qt with  Xenial is 5.5. And I do not think the
> latest Subsurface build will work with  such an old Qt. I have been looking
> at the build.sh to see if the location of Qt can be changed, but I did not
> see that this is possible. In addition, I have no way to download Qt 5.9
> from the Ubuntu repository. I have to download it from the Qt Web site. How
> did you do this? Kind regards , Willem
>
> my bad. i'm on Zetsy, actually (Ubuntu 17.04).
> i simply followed our instructions and it just worked.
>
> - cloned Subsurface
> - pulled all the packages with one apt-get command from INSTALL
> - called build.sh
> - Subsurface was ready to run
>
> Zetsy has Qt version 5.7.1.
>
> i think we were supposed to support 5.5..or was it 5.6.
>
> I can do a linux build here with:
> Qt 5.5.1 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC
> 5.4.0 20160609) on "xcb"
> OS: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS [linux version 4.10.0-37-generic]
>
> After the fix for the googlemaps plugin by Lubomir even this works.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan
>
> -
>
> I have a clean build on 16.04 for the latest Subsurface master. However,
> QtLocation and QtPositioning appear to have been added after Q5.5. Please
> point me to Lobomir's fix, will you?

all my fixes should be already part of the Subsurface and
googlemaps-plugin repositories, unless Stefan is referring to a patch
that we missed.
QtLocation and QtPositioning were added around Qt 5.0, but we only
support down to the 5.5 due to using some newer features in the
googlemaps-plugin if i recall correctly.

lubomir