4.7 - a few questions and requests

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 15 04:57:23 PDT 2017

On 15-10-17 12:27, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>>  From this list only 351 and 522 apply to the desktop version. Rest is mobile
>> only, so not relevant in the discussion over 4.7
>
> You beat me to that comment. :-)

The advantage of the timezone :-)

> I marked 351 as must fix for 4.7. That should have been dealt with a long
> time ago. The challenge is that it's non-trivial to do so. How do I tell
> the difference between "user wants to start with a new file and delete the
> dives in their repo" and "user accidentally clicked "new dive log and then
> save to ckoud". We could add a warning if all of the dives in the server
> side repo are deleted by a save... I'll have to think a bit more about
> this - but open to ideas from others as well!

In "normal" use, a logbook is only growing in size/#dives, so we could
issue a warning when the #dives currently in the divelist is smaller
than the #dives in the cloud storage before an attempt to save. In this
case, the user who deliberately want to clean the cloud data, needs to
ok this, but that seems acceptable to me, as normally we are only adding
dives (and correcting existing dives).

--jan