Defining new dive site using the map

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Sun Oct 15 10:49:59 PDT 2017

> Am 15.10.2017 um 16:22 schrieb Willem Ferguson:
> > I create a new, nonexistent dive location name, then click "Apply
> > changes". Then I click the icon "edit dive site". A new marker is
> > created on the map with a message "Drag the selected location". When I
> > drag the new marker, I drag the map, not the dive marker. I find no
> > way in which to drag the marker, whether I drag the marker of the new
> > dive site name. A little more detail, please Stefan and/or Lubomir?
>
> Unfortunately I can confirm this.
> I never do lot's of testing with the Linux version, only use it when I
> want to compare some specific behavior between Windows and Linux.
> So it seems that I (and Lubomir) were too happy and too quick when we
> were saying: Ok, compiles with Qt5.5, map is displayed, everything ok.
> Some "details" still don't work correctly.
> With my Windows MXE build I'm on Qt5.9.2 and there you can drag the
> marker...
>
> Best regards
> Stefan

I am using Subsurface 4.6.4-947 on Opensuse Tumbleweed, and don't see this
problem.
Editing existing dive sites is just working, i.e grabbing the marker and
dragging it to whereever, no problems.

When creating a new dive site, then dragging the marker also works here.
However, I am not sure that it is intuitive that one has to grab the marker at
position 0°0'0.0"N 0°0'0.0"E and drag it to where the new site is. Especially
since at least on my screen, the visual difference between the selected marker
and all other markers is rather small. I have no clue about this
implementation, but maybe it would be possible to gray out the other markers
when one dive site is being edited?

Best regards,

Dietrich