4.7 - a few questions and requests

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sun Oct 15 11:42:07 PDT 2017

Hallo Dirk, hallo Robert,

Am 15.10.2017 um 12:13 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
>> Regarding the planner it is the case than still some items are open
>> including some PRs from my side which need more testing and also some
>> open issues. But I fully agree with Robert that it doesn't really matter
>> if we fix/merge this in 4.7 or 4.7.1 or even later.
> Yes, that's my approach as well. The Beta releases that we used to do
> really didn't work. Not enough people tested them and we still ended up
> with quite a few problems in the .0 release. Instead I'm planning to
> simply do a new point release every week or two until we are happy with
> what we have.
Following this plan would it then even be an option to add my open
planner related PRs for 4.7?
We all know that for these kind of items I will get almost no feedback
also not on the mailing list.
So I would be even happy about complaints coming after we do a 4.7
release with those changes. At least this would allow me to further
improve what I did or worst worst case we revert it.

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs