Defining new dive site using the map

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Oct 15 12:41:57 PDT 2017

On 15 Oct 2017 9:32 PM, "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

On 15 October 2017 at 22:15, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 15.10.2017 um 20:39 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
>
> On 15 October 2017 at 20:58, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15 October 2017 at 20:49, Dietrich Meyer <dietrich at sunnynames.com>
wrote:

> I am using Subsurface 4.6.4-947 on Opensuse Tumbleweed, and don't see this
> problem.
> Editing existing dive sites is just working, i.e grabbing the marker and
> dragging it to whereever, no problems.
>
> it worked for me a couple of days ago on Ubuntu, as my dive log file
> has some custom dive locations (e.g. named "dsadasdsads") which now
> suddenly cannot be edited.
> i'm seeing a strange QML bug related to "mouse areas".
>
> pull-request with a fix created here:
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/668
>
> please test, so that we can include this in the next version.
>
> Unfortunately no success under Linux yet:
> I can grab the marker and drag it

ok, in that case my patch works.

> but if I move the mouse a little bit
> faster I "loose" the marker. Then if I want to try again it's very
difficult
> to grab the marker again.
> Under Windows and Qt5.9.2 with the same codebase it still works fine.

that's a separate issue and i cannot reproduce it on both Linux and Windows.

I encountered this same problem but could not reproduce it. Moving the
marker more slowly, I had no incidents. I will experiment more and look for
a repeatable procedure.

Kind regards, Willem