Fwd: Re: Subsurface planner

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Oct 16 00:21:31 PDT 2017

Rick, your mail is truly useful. Thank you. Comments in-line below:

On 16/10/2017 08:59, Rick Walsh wrote:

Like with the existing minimum gas calculation, it only applies when
cylinder sizes and pressures have been defined.

Attached screenshot is 4.6.4.977, downloaded yesterday(Sunday). When
plan variations is activated, it says "extend dive duration for 38
seconds for each extra minute of dive duration". That sound totally
counterintuitive because the dive duration should increase with at least
one minute for each minute that the bottom time is increased??

>     The planning using VPM-B is still pretty broken. The ceiling
>     generated is just totally wrong.
>

> Can you please test the latest master / daily builds?  My commit
> f9d05a8 a week ago should have corrected the *totally* wrong ceiling,
> but there may be more bugs.  If it's still not right we need to fix that.

Attached screenshot is 4.6.4.977, downloaded yesterday(Sunday). The VPM
plan generates an impossible ceiling. Perhaps worth another look?

Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full