Planner pains: cylinder pressure issues and minimum pressure.

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Oct 17 06:30:32 PDT 2017

On 16/10/2017 21:56, Stefan Fuchs wrote:

> Could you provide me examples (xml and setups) of dives where you
> think todays minimum gas implementation is useless?
> I would like to check if I can improve something or maybe even force
> the calculation off for such setups.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan
Stefan,
Thanks very much for your mails. To be honest I have never really paid
attention to the minimum gas calculation, primarily because it offers
non-feasible numbers. Attached image gives a minimum gas estimate of 169
bars. If the minimum desired cylinder pressure is 40 bars, then the
minimum pressure required = 209 bars. That leaves no space for diving. I
hope this does sound reasonable.

As you can see from the attached image, the display of cylinder pressure
is totally screwed. I have no idea what the light blue lines are
supposed to represent. It appears that, in this specific dive plan,
there is no interpolation of cylinder pressures.

As requested, I am looking at the latest version of master, testing some
of the your features.
Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to