Import data from Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Oct 20 03:58:15 PDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Berthold Stoeger
<bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Sorry, I confused dec 18 with hex 18. The second characteristic is notify and
> read. This is clearly a read/write pair.

So that looks very regular, and the existing code in core/qt-ble.cpp
should hopefully "just work" for the communication side.

The question is mainly what the protocol is. We have had cases where
the bluetooth packets are literally just a direct translation of a
previous serial line protocol, and then the serial emulation code
should just work. But honestly, that's the exception rather than the
rule. Usually there is some packetization and quoting layer, even if
it might be trivial.

If you have an android phone that has a vendor appliction to download
dives, you can try to generate a bluetooth snoop log. Google for
"bluetooth snoop android" - you'll need to enable a developer option
(and not every phone necessarily allows that) and then get the
resulting log out of the phone (which can be another problem spot).
And then maybe we can figure things out.

            Linus