Import data from Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Oct 22 15:55:37 PDT 2017

On Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2017 04:31:39 CEST Linus Torvalds wrote:

> so you literally *could* try to claim it's a G2 and try to see how far
> it downloads.

The handshake is different. The G2 client sends 1b and 1c10270000 and expects
01 as the answer twice. The Aladin Sport returns 00 in both cases. Since
LogTrak doesn't do any handshake, I just removed the call to
scubapro_g2_handshake().

Apart from that - you were right - it seems to be compatible with the G2! Only
the dates are incorrect - I will try to figure out what is going on. All I had
to do was adding a case in the switch in uwatec_smart_parser_create(). The id
of the Aladin Sport Matrix is 0xa5, by the way. And it works! Thank you very
much for your support!

[Unimportant side story: The way there was a bit rugged - my "send all
commands" experiment was stupid - it reset the ring buffer and now it always
returns 0 bytes. But thanks to the c7 command I could dump all 128 K of memory
and the location of the dives were very obvious. So I just injected them
manually.]

Berthold