Unable to download Dive info from Oceanic VT 4.1

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Oct 27 05:18:21 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-27 05:00, Malcolm wrote:
> I get a data error message when I try and download dives from my
> Oceanic VT
> 4.1 dive computer. I am using a new laptop computer. Attached are the
> files
> suggested in subsurface help

It looks like this is yet another case of a corrupt ringbuffer begin
pointer:

ERROR: Invalid logbook pointer detected (0x0240 0x0a30). [in
../../source/src/oceanic_common.c:218 (oceanic_common_device_logbook)]
ERROR: Error downloading the dives. [in
../../source/examples/dctool_download.c:218 (download)]
ERROR: Data format error

Since this "bug" (a firmware bug probably) shows up quite often, I have
been looking at possible solutions already. I have some ideas on how to
modify the download algorithm to no longer depend on the begin pointer.
But at the moment that work isn't finished yet. It works most of the
time, but it also causes some regression for others. So it needs some
more polish.

Jef