Import data from Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Oct 31 03:29:00 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-23 00:55, Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> On Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2017 04:31:39 CEST Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>> so you literally *could* try to claim it's a G2 and try to see how far
>> it downloads.
>
> The handshake is different. The G2 client sends 1b and 1c10270000 and
> expects
> 01 as the answer twice. The Aladin Sport returns 00 in both cases.
> Since
> LogTrak doesn't do any handshake, I just removed the call to
> scubapro_g2_handshake().

Am I right you only tested downloading over bluetooth (BLE)? Can you
also try over USB? I suspect that logtrak still does the handshaking
when downloading over USB. If that's correct, then omitting the
handshaking is not specific to the Sport Matrix, but the underlying
transport.

Note that logtrak also supports a second variant of the handshaking
(0xF4), in case the other two (0x1B and 0x1C) return zero, but I have
never seen that so far. Maybe the Sport Matrix is in this category?

> Apart from that - you were right - it seems to be compatible with the
> G2! Only
> the dates are incorrect - I will try to figure out what is going on.
> All I had
> to do was adding a case in the switch in uwatec_smart_parser_create().
> The id
> of the Aladin Sport Matrix is 0xa5, by the way. And it works! Thank you
> very
> much for your support!

I believe you have the model number wrong. I think it should be 0x17,
and your test seems to confirm that:

Command: 0110
Output : 0117

Do you mind sending me a libdivecomputer memory dump and logfile?

Jef