Import data from Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 31 04:12:39 PDT 2017

Hi Jef,

On Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2017 11:29:00 CET Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 2017-10-23 00:55, Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2017 04:31:39 CEST Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >> so you literally *could* try to claim it's a G2 and try to see how far
> >> it downloads.
> >
> > The handshake is different. The G2 client sends 1b and 1c10270000 and
> > expects
> > 01 as the answer twice. The Aladin Sport returns 00 in both cases.
> > Since
> > LogTrak doesn't do any handshake, I just removed the call to
> > scubapro_g2_handshake().
>
> Am I right you only tested downloading over bluetooth (BLE)? Can you
> also try over USB? I suspect that logtrak still does the handshaking
> when downloading over USB. If that's correct, then omitting the
> handshaking is not specific to the Sport Matrix, but the underlying
> transport.

To my knowledge the Sport Matrix does only support BLE! At least that's how I
read https://ww2.scubapro.com/en-GB/SWE/instruments/computers/products/aladin-sport-matrix.aspx:

| For PCs and Macs that are not equipped with built-in Bluetooth Low Energy
| technology, the end user will have to buy a Bluetooth Low Energy USB dongle
| which is available on the market.

That's why I feel that dc_descriptor_get_transport() should return flags, not
enums. You want to differentiate between USB, BT, USB+BT, don't you?

But yes, doing handshakes based on transport not model is a good idea.

I don't have access to the computer right know and will answer to your other
remarks later.

Thanks,

Berthold