smtk-import

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:55:25 PDT 2017

Good afternoon Pedro.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:00:46AM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> Hi Pedro.
>
> El 31/10/2017 10:44, "Pedro Neves" <nevesdiver at gmail.com> escribió:
> >
> > Hi Salva:
> >
> > I'd like to update the user manual section on how to build smtk-import
> > tool, because I believe it's outdated. However, I have no clue what the
> > steps are to build it now. Any pointers?
>
> I'm on the phone right now, but this afternoon I'll mail you with some
> instructions.

The script assumes you have a build tree like subsurface's usual one.
As you build subsurface regularly you already have it, but
libdivecomputer and libgit need to be installed in the dir in paralell
to the subsurface's directory.
You need to install the dependencies; in debian and ubuntu
        sudo apt update && sudo apt install mdbtools-dev
should bring all of them, if not, add libglib2.0-dev to the apt
install command.
In fedora (and probably centos and friends) needed packages are named
glib2-devel and mdbtools-devel so:
        dnf -y install mdbtools-devel
should be enough.
Mdbtools is, in fact, optional. If it's not installed, the script will
download and build what we need.

Move to the src directory and run
        smtk2ssrf-build.sh
This will build an smtk2ssrf binary from subsurface's latest master
with the default options: Release, no commandline only, and -j4.
The binary will be located in
        src/subsurface/smtk-import/build

WARNING ---> Your regular subsurface's binary has just blown away,
substituted with a bare minimum versión.  Simply rebuild subsurface as
you regularly do.

In the script's flags side, the two interesting, from a user point of
view, are  -c (--cli) and -t (--tag)

-c Builds a "just command line" version without gui capabilities. It's
the version Robert is using in his web site. Remember the full version
can run in command line mode if you pass the file names to import.

-t Forces building the provided tag, for both, the subsurface stripped
version and smtk2ssrf. E.g.
        -t v4.7.1
would build subsurface library and smtk2ssrf as they were in 4.7.1
release, without  later improvements.

I think a regular user should run the script without any flags.

Please, contact me if you need further explanation on the script or
the tool.

Thank you very much, Pedro.

Salva.