Root and Wayland

Robert C. Helling robert at euve10195.vserver.de
Tue Oct 31 10:21:27 PDT 2017

Hi,

> Am 31.10.2017 um 12:51 schrieb Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>:
>

> perhaps we should remove that, period.

A while ago, we had problems with people who at some point ran subsurface as root and the touched all kinds of files which meant later it did no longer run under the normal user. So I added the test and, since I didn’t want to for it users to shoot in their foot if they insisted on that introduced this command line option. So from that perspective it could simply go.

The only reason I see for running with root privileges is checking if some problem is really because of lacking permissions. But still that’s not a good excuse.

Best
Robert