regressions because of the new tank handling

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 13 14:00:49 PDT 2017

> On Sep 13, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> Given that I have been rather distracted for the last few weeks, I haven't
>> followed up on making sure that the changes to the tank handling that
>> Linus made a while ago didn't have any other unintended side effects.
>
> The tankbar issue was not an "unintended side effect". I very much
> talked about it, and you said you'd fix it up because it was your
> code.

Correct. I lumped them all together, but I know. I sent that email two days before
heading for Europe on family vacation and have since been traveling for work or
pleasure with very few breaks, barely managing to keep up with patches and pull
requests. I was finally finding some time to look at a few issues when I saw Stefan's
report and sent out this email.

Yes, if no one else beats me to it, I'll fix that one.

> Hmm. The infobox pressure thing I will look into.

Thanks, just saw the patch.

> The spikes in the data I would need a test file for to see what's up.

Stefan, can you provide that?

Thanks