regressions because of the new tank handling

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Sep 14 11:39:38 PDT 2017

On 14/09/2017 20:18, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>> Ok, I found a real bug, it wasn't me fat-fingering the XML.
>>
>> That bug has nothing to do with the problem Stefan sees, but the
>> multi-sensor pressure saving is definitely buggy for XML. I'll send a
>> patch.
> Fix sent.
>
> Interestingly, there's another bug there in how we interpolate the
> pressures that also only seems to show with that test-case.
>
> That one is less obvious, and I think only affects the display of the
> pressure graph (because it's about our interpolation between pressure
> samples)
>
> I haven't figured out the cause yet, but the reason I hadn't noticed
> it before is the same "this is a planned dive with samples far away
> from each other". That makes the interpolation bug show up in ways it
> didn't for any of the dives that have dense pressure samples.
>
>                   Linus

I include four dives I did last month, as well as the profile info on
Subsurface 4.6.4. Unfortunately I cannot build the latest master due to
Qt 5.9 problems on Ubuntu. These are sidemount dives using a Galileo
which records a single pressure at a time, and almost always there is a
vertical line at the point of the first cylinder change. In addition a
number of dives have aberrant profiles at the start of the last cylinder
being used. See attached image. I reported this some time ago but I
think this may be fundamentally what Stefan observed.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full