Perdix AI user

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 14 18:48:55 PDT 2017

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Aaron Scheiner <blue at aquarat.za.net> wrote:
>>
>> Subsurface 4.6.4 doesn't render the second transmitter from the logs
>> collected by beta Subsurface-mobile but the version I compiled from the
>> source does.
>
> Yeah, the multi-sensor code is fairly new too (and people are still
> finding bugs ;)
>
> But I think it's getting to the point where a 4.7 release would be
> really nice. The problems with BLE and Qt versioning requirements are
> annoying.

We have a few things that need sorting out
- building working binaries and a working AppImage with BLE and the new maps for Linux; that's one of the biggest concerns
- deal with some of the things not working correctly right now on Mac
- (ideally, but I'm ok if we have to document this as just a gap) find someone to implement the BLE support independently from Qt for Windows

I would like to work towards a 4.7 release, but I think it's a while away unless I get some help addressing the first two issues