cloud storage is back up

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 15 07:52:51 PDT 2017

Quick update from above Greenland...

While I was asleep on my flight back home from VMworld Barcelona, Amazon
apparently rebooted the VM on which I am running the cloud storage. I was
able to re-start the two services that didn't come back up by themselves
(stupid sysadmin can't get this to work right, it seems)...

I don't know how long cloud storage was down, but either way, it is back
up and working again.

Eventually I'll just need to move the service to one of my own servers -
or better, find a way to implement load balancing and redundancy. Yeah
right, in my infinite spare time :-)